Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dear Little Old Lady

Dear Little Old Lady,

I see you work in your garden from my office window. Your house is the only one left in an area filled with commercial buildings. It must get lonely sometimes not to have neighbors any more. You remind me of my grandma. She died a long time ago, but I will never forget her. She had a garden too. When I work in mine, I feel close to her.

You probably don't know it, but all the nerdy programmers I work with notice your house too. It's funny, but even though they've never met you, they all care about you. They care about you from a distance as they watch out for you from the windows high above your house. If they don't notice anyone coming or going, or shoveled walks, they will express concern.

When they see you, they see their grandmother. They see the woman who made them cookies, played with them, and told them stories. They see a woman with so much love and caring in her heart. They see you.

You might feel alone sometimes. But, up above, we are all looking down on you. Thinking of you. Remembering what it was like when our grandmother cared for us. Thinking about the memories she gave us.

You are never alone. When you feel tired, just look up. We are there.

Love,

Les

No comments:

Post a Comment