Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dear C

Dear C,

I heard you speak in sacrament meeting a few years ago. It left a lasting impression. I thought to myself, I want to marry a guy like that. I didn't even know anything about you. Whether or not you were single, in a relationship, divorced, basically, I didn't know anything. And then one day I discovered you were in my ward and learned a little more about you. Then you came and taught relief society. It wasn't even my idea, but you wowed me.

Do you know I wanted to get to know you after that? It took me like 3 or 4 months to even get the nerve to talk to you outside of asking you calling related stuff. I know I seem all that confident, but trust me, it was about the most I've ever been out of my comfort zone to drop something off at your house. I think it took about a week for me to talk myself into it.

Then, I thought, maybe you were the slightest bit interested. But then you didn't call, or really do much of anything. Did I do something? Did you discover all my deep dark secrets that really aren't deep and dark or all that secret? Or are you so overwhelmed with life that I'd just be another distraction? You know, I'd be a good distraction.

You know this probably sounds retarded coming from me, but I really feel clueless when it comes to guys. The only ones I dated all crashed and burned pretty good. Let's be honest, I've learned to never give a guy my garage code, or my visa unless he's married to me.

And call me crazy, but all I want in a guy is someone like you. You aren't flashy. You don't feel the need to drive a fancy car or to wear trendy clothes, and you are frugal. I can hold a decent conversation with you and I find myself so attracted to you. I see you and my heart does this little happy skip.

Maybe I put you on a pedestal. I see you and I think, wow. You motivate me to be a better person. I want to be the girl you see potential in. I want to be the girl you think is amazing. I want to be the girl who speaks in church and you look at her and think "I want to marry a girl like that".

I hope someday you see me. Not just in a dress at church, but I hope you really see me. I could totally rock your world if you gave me a chance.

Your Admirer,

Les

No comments:

Post a Comment